Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday CODA!!!

Celebrating CODA's 2nd birthday, Renee (pastry chef) had made us some cupcakes!! (Sorry no pictures, because we ate them all before we could take the pictures) haha.

I hope you're having a fabulous long weekend!! Yes, it's coming to an end, however mine was a blast..and I hope yours was too! Apart from my first tequila shot, here is a first for me too..




"Choc Pops"

Just like the movies, except for the wafer bottom and on a stick like a lollipop. The ice cream is half caramel and half chocolate coated in Callebaut dark chocolate served with Macadamia praline.

I have been craving for a warm old favourite..


Spiced apple souffle with oat crumble and cinnamon ice cream

So simple, yet I am always so happy after eating such a delious delight. 

Missing my pastry chef Rebecca Creighton and with CODA recently turning 2, I brought back one dessert and changed it a little to think of her..


Coconut tapioca pudding with fresh ruby grapefruit, black sesame ice cream and crispy rice

I remembered the first time Rebecca and I worked together to make this recipe right at Pearl. It is one of my fondest memories working and learning alongside my mentor. The dish she created was coconut and pandan tapioca pudding with fresh fruits and grapefruit and ginger sorbet. It was the most refreshing taste after a meal of sugar cane prawns and duck curry. 

Rebecca Creighton is currently head pastry chef at Spice Temple/ Rockpool/ and the Waiting Room at Crown. She is my Mentor and am much respected with her gift at pastry.

After 2 whole years of CODA opening, it just seems like yesterday that we had our grand opening. People have come and gone or have stayed the full 2 years which have made what CODA is today. I hope CODA will continue to be successful and wish you all to keep supporting!!

Xx

No comments: