Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April desserts and High tea at the Grand Hyatt Hotel!

Good morning everyone! I thought I can start the cravings early today by showing the newest flavours at CODA! The flavours have been played out as everyone's favourites and are sure nice warmers of the heart from the cold weather we are about to encounter. 


Medjool date soufflĂ© w drunken date ice cream and butterscotch vanilla sauce

Sticky date pudding has been on everyone's mind lately..especially mine hahaha *drool* so I thought, What better way to change it up a bit by creating it into a souffle. WINNER!! It is delicious!!! Too bad the texture is slightly airy than the slightly denser pudding, but you can't complain with the ice cream and sauce to go with it is AMAZING!!


Salted caramel fudge

These salted caramel fudge are a mouthful of sweetness w a slightly salted finish. Delicious for those who just want a bite with their coffee.


Poached quince bread and butter pudding w ginger ice cream

The quince is poached in port sugar syrup and layered between brioche soaked in a cinnamon ginger custard. The ice cream is lightly infused with fresh ginger and churned with crystallised ginger folded through. It is absolutely yummy!! If this doesn't warm you up..I'm not sure what will!

GRAND HYATT HIGH TEA

Blogging should not be done during the middle of the night because my tummy is groaning its complaints of hunger after seeing these pictures and reminiscing how they tasted last week. 3 other girlfriends and I decided to catch up over high tea and eat to our hearts desire.


We were offered to start off with, finger sandwiches filled with cured wagyu beef, smoked salmon and egg. The beef was to die for!!! Each filling was sandwiched between different bread, white, wholemeal and dark rye.


The cakes were beautiful. There were 5. Strawberry custard tart, baked cheesecake, green tea eclair, flourless chocolate and carrot cake. Yum!! I gotta say they were all my favourites but the cheesecake was outstanding.


The warm scones were perfect and round served with house made raspberry jam, apricot jam and cream. It was very delicious!! I wish I had the chance to eat them all but it was a struggle..can you believe..I eat everything!!!

Anyway..I better leave you to it, or else I'm going to start to chew my own arm off..I'm so hungry!!!

Gnight Xx

No comments: