Monday, September 12, 2011

Mamasita

Hi all! The last time I visited Mamasita in June, I ate very little as it being the first restaurant of the progressive dinner that night. But I remembered to come back to sample the menu whole heartedly to see what the waiting in line was all about. I was not dissapointed.


The line for lunch was shorter than the long line people endure for dinner. YAY!! So, I made my way to a seat at the bench near the window. A menu was presented and away I ordered...



First up,

A refreshing mocktail juice


Tostaditas de Cangrejo

Tostaditas are 2.5 inch fried tortillas with toppings. I chose the crab one which was accompanied by avocado, cucumber, tamarind mayonnaise and red chilli. OMG explosion of flavour in the mouth alert!!


Elotes Callejeros

I couldn't resist the temptation of ordering the corn coated in shaved cheese, chilli and lime. YUM YUM YUM!!!


Ceviche de Atun

These come in 2 sizes, and this is the smaller one. Packed full of flavour in a glass, it is a mixture of yellowfin tuna, blood orange, avocado, pickled jalapenos, lime, coriander and toasted sesame seeds.


Tacos de Lengua y Mejilla

These 6 inch soft tacos are filled with braised veal tongue and ox cheek, pickled vegetables and ghost chilli mayonnaise. On the side was some green salsa to add more flavour to the dish. It was delicious..the ghost chilli doesn't hit me until the second half of the taco. So ENJOYABLE!!!


While taking a break from my lunch, I checked out the surroundings and check that out!! A pot plant in a clear bowl..funky lighting!!

So, how can I not order desserts??


Fritturas de manzana

These are apple fritters with vanilla pear sorbet. The batter is thick and crispy and I think there are grains of polenta or something..it's interesting. The sorbet is tangy and white and smooth. It is a lot..I couldn't finish it. It's a very filling dish, but to me it needs more flavour..like a spiced sugar or something. But nonetheless, I was a very full woman after my meal there!

I love all the savoury food at mamasita!!! For more info go to their website at www.mamasita.com.au

Xx

No comments: