Thursday, February 3, 2011

Year of the Rabbit 2011

HAPPY ASIAN NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! I hope all you fellow yellow babies have received as many red pockets full of $$$ and have eaten until your stomachs have burst!!

This year has been no different to every other year in my family. There were eight families and each family brought a dish each. The older parents, aunties and uncles brought savoury dishes including goat hot pot, mum's vietnamese coleslaw (with abalone, prawns, pork and her new addition of the kaffir lime zest), vietnamese pork loaf, traditional egg soup, springrolls and roast duck. YUMMY!!!! I ate to my heart's (and stomach's) content!!

And then after accepting red pocket money from the adults, and my traditional lucky scratchie pocket, we were to have desserts!!!



My sister Susan Thai's Caramel Cake! (SO MOIST!! YUMMY!!)

My cousin Olivia made a big bowl of awesome strawberry jelly with lychees. I literally licked the huge bowl clean! My youngest aunty made a Vietnamese sweet dish called ''Che chuoi'' which is banana, sago, sweet potato and taro in coconut milk. Lucky last, we had some fruit. But not any fruit! Check it out.. and I've also posted up the previous years of my fruit platters too. ENJOY!!


2011 Year of the Rabbit or Cat


2010 Year of the Tiger


2009 Year of the OX


2008 Year of the Rat


2007 Year of the Pig

Fruit has never been served the same again in my family tradition until the full cycle of all 12 animals have been created. Have a great Asian New Year!! xx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think the pig fruit cut out was the best one so far!! LOL! good luck to next year trying to create the dragon!! LOL

Aliiiiiiiiiiiiice said...

OMFG!!! YOUR FAMILY'S SO FRAKKIN TALENTED!!!

DID SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY CARVE THOSE FRUIT ANIMALS??? SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY CARVED ALL THOSE FRUIT ANIMALS, HUH?

I'M NOT SURE IF MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK OR IF I'M JUST THAT EXCITED.

(( H U G ))

I wanted to just let you know that our time w/ the Coda fam in Melbourne was much, much too short! PLEASE know that I rallied as best I could for Love Machine Night, but my unpacked bags and waning consciousness ended up having the final say. --__--;;

I just think you and Juicy Lucy and Dom were so adorable and fun to be around and play with. Send Rayden, the Toms, Alice, Mr. Bickle, Maestro Adam, Lady Boss Kate and that really cool dude with the blue eyes and the shaved head my love. ^___^ And the brunette lass who shared her dericious Tim Tams!!! SHE WAS WONDERFUL, TOO!!

Please, please come to LA -- sooner, rather than later!

WE MISS YOU ALL ALREADY!!!

(( H U G ))

And Julie, you're friggin cute. 'Nuff said.